Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
Pre-purchase building inspections ensure you are fully informed about the condition of a property before you buy.
Our Building Inspectors will conduct a visual inspection, usually lasting 1-2 hours; the building inspection covers everything from faulty roofs to rising damp and cracked walls and both internal and external areas of the property. The Building Inspector will then provide an extensive and thorough report in accordance with Australian Standard AS 4349.1-2007. The building inspection report will give conclusions regarding the incidence of major defects found in the home as well as the inspectors opinion on minor defects, this generally includes recommendations for repair or next steps. The inspection report will be emailed to you and includes full colour photographs of the internal & external areas, roof cavity and roof coverings, with particular focus on any areas of concern.
Your Building Inspection Report
Upon completion of your building inspection, the inspector will create an extensive report, including full-colour photographs, documenting the incidence of major defects or faults found in the home as well as minor defects. The report will also provide additional information around potential consequences or implications of the defect and recommendations for repair, replacement or other next steps if applicable.
What do we inspect?
Your Building Inspection will cover the following areas, providing there is safe and reasonable access:
- Interior of the Building
- Exterior of the Building
- The site itself (incl. outbuildings, fences etc)
- Roof Exterior
- Roof Space
Full details of all the areas that are reviewed as part of the building inspection can be found here and you can also view some examples of defects we have previously found in other properties below:
A summary of our pre-purchase inspection services are as follows:
- Once the pre-purchase agreement is accepted by the client the inspection is scheduled with the builder or real estate agent.
- A pre purchase inspection is carried out in accordance with Australian Standard AS4349.1-2007;
- The inspection report and our building inspector will provide findings to the prospective purchaser regarding the condition of the property at the date and time of inspection with a focus on areas of concern and major defects;
- The pre purchase building inspection reports on the condition of the interior, roof void, exterior, subfloor and roof exterior.
- A follow up phone consultation is available if you would like to clarify any details within the report and is a great opportunity to chat to our building inspector regarding their findings.
Book a Building Inspection
Contact Andy for a free quote and to book a building inspection before you buy.