The Building Inspection Process
How do Building Inspections Work?
Buying a home or investment property is one of the biggest financial decisions that you may make and you could be tempted to forgo some of the additional costs that come with buying a house, such as a building inspection. However, an inspection could save you thousands down the track if a missed issue does arise, building inspections are also a straightforward and quick process.
Home Inspect SA has a simple, 5-step building inspection process for Pre-Auction, Pre-Purchase and Vendor Building Inspections.
- Book. We offer next day inspections around Adelaide as well as last minute Pre-Auction Inspections
- Confirm. An inspection agreement will be sent to you via email, upon confirmation our inspector will liaise with the builder or real estate agent to arrange the inspection.
- Inspect. A thorough inspection of the property will be conducted including the interior, roof void, exterior, sub-floor and the site itself.
- Report. A comprehensive inspection report will then be prepared and emailed to you within 24 hours
- Advise. A follow up phone call is recommended to clarify any details of the report and inspection.
What we Inspect
All Pre-Purchase Building Inspections are conducted in accordance with Australian Standard AS4349.1-2007. The areas of the property that are inspected as part of all our inspections are as follows:
Interior of the Building:
- Doors & Frames
The Sub-Floor Space:
- Timber flooring
- Suspended Concrete Floors
- Dampness / Drainage
- Roof Framing
- Party Walls
- Roof Covering
- Skylights, Vents & Flues
- Eaves, Fascias & Barges
Exterior of the Building:
- External Cladding
- Timber or Steel Structures
- Doors & Windows
- Ventilation / Weep Holes
- Rising Damp
- Stairs / Railings
- Retaining walls
- Surface water drainage
- Rain water tanks
Book your Pre-Purchase Building Inspection Today
Contact Andy for a free quote and to book a building inspection before you buy.